Building and Testing
You can check out Giraph with git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/giraph.git. In order to build and test Giraph, you will need the following:
- Java 1.7
- Maven 3 or higher. Giraph uses the munge plugin, which requires Maven 3, to support multiple versions of Hadoop. Also, the web site plugin requires Maven 3.
- One of the supported versions of Apache Hadoop:
- YARN version: Apache Hadoop 2.0.3-alpha, other versions may work as well
- Secure Hadoop versions: Apache Hadoop 0.20.203, 0.20.204, other secure versions may work as well
- Unsecure Hadoop versions: Apache Hadoop 0.20.1, 0.20.2, 0.20.3. While we provide support for unsecure Hadoop with the maven profile 'hadoop_non_secure', we have been primarily focusing on secure Hadoop releases at this time.
- Other distributions that included Apache Hadoop reported to work include: Cloudera CDH 4.4
Use the maven commands with secure Hadoop to:
- compile, package and install: mvn -Phadoop_2 -fae -DskipTests clean install
- test (i.e. mvn test) For testing, one can submit the test to a running Hadoop instance (i.e. mvn test -Dprop.mapred.job.tracker=localhost:50300)
For the non-secure versions of Hadoop, run the maven commands with the
additional argument -Dhadoop=non_secure to enable the maven profile
hadoop_non_secure. An example compilation command is
mvn -Phadoop_2 -fae -DskipTests -Dhadoop=non_secure clean install.